Monday, October 3, 2011

Pre-Purple Leaves



My Zebrina Spiderwort (Tradescantia), more commonly known as "Wandering Jew" is thriving outdoors.  This was the first year I put some in an outside planter and am pleased with the results.  I realized today how much this plant and its leaf colors remind me of Fall.  The dark purple/burgundy of its year-round leaves look like the turning leaf colors of some of the trees.  I will be bringing this new, flourishing plant indoors soon and will bring it outside again next year since it did so well.  This plant is the result of one small shoot that broke free from my indoor specimen.  Amazing how easily they get established and how well they adapt.  A perfect house-plant for the beginner; and now a perfect outdoor plant for shady areas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...