Thursday, January 19, 2012

More Upcycled Springs!

Seeing as I've found a few, unique springs of various styles, I've been continuing my manipulation of them into upcycled tea-light holders. Yes, I'm into this whole candle thing lately which is fine. I'm not getting bored of it yet so I'll just keep plugging onward with the ideas.



This particular spring (of which I have many) is very rigid and a bit more difficult to work with than my first junk to jewel transformation tea light holder attempt.




Finding the perfect, glass tea light holders to fit the springs properly has been problematic. The one shown here actually had a long stem. I scored a cut around the stem with my Dremel, lightly tapped the stem against a brick and "Voila", it popped right off. I then buffed the edge down at the break with a sanding drill bit to remove any sharpness.




It sure was interesting getting it seated properly within the confines of the spring. After numerous attempts and a few different locations, I ended up favoring this set-up.

Hmmm . . . what kind of tea light shall I create today? LOL! Stay-tuned.


Sharing this at:
The Brambleberry Cottage - Time Travel Thursday
The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday
Somewhat Simple - Strut Your Stuff Thursday

3 comments:

  1. I saw your charming spring coiled candle pix on Brambleberry Cottage site..the photo was BEAUTIFUL. Like this updated page too. Keep the creative juices flowing, would love to purchase these candles.

    Thanks Frugal, Nonna G. a loyal follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being such a loyal follower NonnaG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another winner, John! Your perseverance in seeking out the perfect vessel for the tea light really pays off. ;)

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Time Travel Thursday again this week. It's great to have you.

    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...