Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year = "New" Finds

Out with the old, in with the new.  I guess it's that time of year.  Time for change.  For most, that adage pertains to habits, typically bad ones, that need to change.  In another respect it pertains to home items.  Out with the old, in with the new.  

If the holidays delievered good fortune, than many folks are making room for new items in their homes which means the old stuff hits the curb or better yet Good Will and other thrift stores

I happened to stop at our local mission yesterday located conveniently across the street from the post office where I was dropping off a few packages.  Hmmm, I guess it doesn't hurt to peek in and see if any new goodies have arrived.  I didn't stick around too long, but long enough to score a rather good find.


A great Ikea find, leaning so appropriately against my Ikea chair.
 A large 23" x 23" art piece from IKEA with a heavy, real wood frame and mat.  I couldn't pass it up.  The frame has a bit of scuffing along one edge but it will be a great little project.  I'm planning on sanding the wood and staining it with black wood stain and popping in one of own black and white pen and ink drawings. 


The "boogered up" spots that will need a little attention.




See how these little trips to the thrift stores become addictive?  You just never know what you are going to find.  This particular mission store has a barrel lid steamer trunk that I've been keeping my eye on too.   Do I have room for it?  "Ummm, No."  But it's so cool.

Anyway, be on the lookout for discards because you just may discover the "gem" of the day.  I guess that's a bit lofty for an IKEA picture frame.  We''ll say a GREAT BARGAIN FIND!  There, that's better.

Here's to "Happy Finding!"

1 comment:

  1. GREAT FIND FRUGAL! I too love to stroll around the local goodwill/salvation army local's. Many hidden treasures can be found rescued and "resued". Wooden frames are especially a good find & for next to nothing!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...