Saturday, February 9, 2013

Wine Bottle Pendant Light How To

I finally got around to making my wine bottle pendant light.  I saw these become popular a few years ago, back when I started the frugal-interior-design website.  A vendor called ROOST had some incredible lighting that I salivated for.  I was drawn to the classic simplicity of the lighting - meshing new with old - inspiring a nod toward both modern and rustic.

Roost Pendants - recycled wine bottles.  By the way, how cool is that wood-strip wall?
It has given me a few ideas for walls in my home!
I never forgot about the above image.  And of course, I've seen other interpretations of the same principle and have my own.  

I began cutting wine bottles about a year ago and have been using them for various projects (upcycling and repurposing them in cool ways.)  See my previous posts on:




Finally. I got my hands on a large clear-glass wine bottle and was successful at cutting the bottom off with a smooth, straight, clean break 

The bottle sat like that for about another year.  Finally, with some free-time and motivation, I set to task - time to create a light!


The original frosted-glass shade was nice and worked fine with the room,
but I sure love the new sleek and simple look of the clear wine bottle!

A spiral filament vintage bulb was of course used for that extra coolness factor!


A clear glass wine bottle theme perhaps?
If you have a similar tube-like armature light pendant or even one with a simple wire (with/without the chain), you'll be able to recreate this pendant light.  The only other thing you will need is a cut wine bottle and snazzy light bulb (I recommend vintage Edison bulbs).  Each application may be a bit different, but if you read how I secured my bottle to keep it straight, you'll be able to come up with ideas that will work for yours.

To read about how to make a wine bottle pendant light
please visit my page entitled Wine Bottle Light.

  

2 comments:

  1. Super cool! I've yet to try my hand at making my own light but I sure want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...